måndag 1 december 2014

Tasting the new ’Teeling Whiskey Co. Irish Single Malt’ – 46% ABV!


Well friends! I’m once again very lucky to have received a sample from The Teeling Whiskey Co. This sample arrived around three weeks ago but I’ve kept it in my sample-cabinet since I wanted to time my review with the launch here in Sweden, which is today! Swedish whisky consumers will find it here! As far as I know I am the only blogger in Sweden (so far, ooops/jinx?) to receive samples from the nice people at Teeling ☺

Anyways, the sample I’m trying today is a quite new release (17th of october 2014) simply called ’Single Malt Irish Whiskey’. For those of you who have followed me for some time now, knows that this is not the first single malt irish whiskey to be released by Teeling, and I’ve have tried a couple of them before, so please take part of the Teeling Whiskey Co. tasting notes I’ve done so far by clicking here.


Now, their new ’Single Malt Irish Whiskey’ is an interesting creation, since the oldest whiskey in this bottling dates back to 1991, and it has all been matured in five (!) different kinds of casks, namely Sherry, Port, Madeira, White Burgundy and Cabernet Sauvignon. Sounds exciting so let’s see what we have here!

Nose:
Veeery fruity! Lots of exotic fruits in here… mostly on honey melon, pear, slight touches of rhubarb… there is also coconut, and lots of it, in combo with light honey and vanilla, or rather vanilla custard/sauce. Oh, this has happened before, there’s a whole dessert in there ☺ rhubarb-pie with vannilla custard! A tiny squueze of lemonjuice… this is simply so soft, soothing… complex stuff! 


Palate
Instantly reminds me of Bushmills! Nice! A lot of the stuff from the nose comes back on the palate, well, not the rhubarb-pie but definitely the honey melon, definitely also the coconut, vanilla and the custard. Veery soft on the mouthfeel, the first seconds of the palate is pure softness actually! After swallowing there is a bit of a dryness starting to develop, but not much at all. Very creamy and vanilla-ish before the dryness though. This medium ABV really brings balance and I do not feel it needs to be stronger… a great everyday-dram with complexity! Nice!

Big thanks to Jack, Stephen and Alex for sharing! Sláinte! 



Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar

Obs! Endast bloggmedlemmar kan kommentera.